BIND (Berkeley Internet Name Domain) is an implementation of the Domain Name System (DNS) protocols and provides an openly redistributable reference implementation of the major components of the Domain Name System. The BIND DNS Server is used on the vast majority of name serving machines on the Internet, providing a robust and stable architecture on top of which an organization’s naming architecture can be built.
It including the following services
1. Domain Name System server (named)
2. Domain Name System resolver library
3. Tools for verifying the proper operation of the DNS Servers
The BIND UI package provides a Windows user interface for BIND DNS server, right know it provide the following services.
1. Start and stop BIND service
2. View and filter log entries
3. Dig tool user interface