Google chrome by default blocks pop up windows from any website, but there may be times when you may want to allow some specific website to produce pop up window in google chrome and you want to see these pop ups in action. Normally all the objectionable and obtrusive ads appears in these kinds on pop up so by default google chrome blocks them all.
It prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the icon appears in the address bar. Click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.
Follow the procedure to allow pop ups from a specific website.
Allow Pop Ups From A Website In Google Chrome
If you see blocked pop-ups for a site, follow these steps:
- If pop-ups have been blocked, you’ll see the icon in the address bar. Click the icon to see a list of the blocked pop-ups.
- Click the link for the pop-up window that you’d like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select "Always show pop-ups from [site]." The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage in the Content Settings dialog.
Another way to add a website for which you want allow pop ups, go to google chrome options >> Under the hood – Content Settings >> Pop Ups and click manage exceptions and then add a website there.
Under manage exceptions you can easily add your website as shown in the image below.
Just In Case if you want to allow all pop ups from all websites then follow the procedure below.
Allow all pop-ups From All Websites In Google Chrome
You can allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker. Follow these steps:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on Chrome OS).
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, select "Allow all sites to show pop-ups." Customize permissions for specific websites by clicking Manage exceptions.